I'm a pretty good painter by now. After deciding I would rather have a new dining room set than pay out some serious cash for a painter, yours truly will be painting the formal living room and two bedrooms. Now begins the task of wiping down EVERY surface in the house to remove the sanding residue.
First, I detoured to the kitchen yesterday where I scrubbed every cabinet, inside and out. By far, my least favorite room in the house. Cleaning the cupboards was like shining up a piece of poop. Pointless. Gotta love my microwave, which appears to be working. Just wind it like a clock and on it goes.
Today, I wiped down the entire living room. Up went two samples: Behr's Starless Night, and Sherwin Williams Indigo Batik. Tom of course liked Indigo Batik better, and I preferred Starless Night. We later decided Indigo Batik would be great for P's room, but Tom still wasn't sold on Starless night.
Here is a website with a dining room painted in Starless Night: http://www.tenjuneblog.com/2011/01/im-blue-da-ba-dee-da-ba-da.html
Feeling it was a bit too dark, Tom asked for something with a little gray to it. I found some images of Sherwin Williams Homberg Gray (see picture below) on this website: http://themoesfamilyintexas.blogspot.com/2011/07/big-revealthe-dining-room.html. Could this be it?? Great, right?
Off I went to Sherwin Williams. The guy there loved me considering I came in 15 minutes before they closed Sunday. I got my sample of Homberg Gray, returned home, then headed back to the new house at 8:30 to slap on the newest color so Tom could see it on his way into work Monday. Did I love it?
Definitely hard to say when painted on a sea of red in a dark room, but I think I like it. Can't say it looked exactly like the photo above. Tom is weary. Here's how the samples look in the real world of my living room:
From Top to Bottom: Sherwin Williams Homberg Gray, Sherwin Williams Indigo Batik, and Behr's Starless Night (this was taken at 9:00pm with a halogen light as the only lighting)
I am more confused now than I was yesterday. Maybe the daylight will help sway me.


No comments:
Post a Comment