Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Floors

The hardwoods have all been stained (I went with Dark Walnut downstairs and on the stairs, and Provincial upstairs) and the floor guys say they will be completely done tomorrow.  They did it all in just one week, on schedule (they had told me 1-2 weeks).  We discovered a leak behind the fridge during the process, but my brother-in-law, a complete angel, was able to get there the same day and fix it for us.  Pictures to come Thursday or Friday. 

Now I just need to track down someone to complete a built-in bookcase for us to act as a wall so the boys don't fall into a stairway.  The only leads I have gotten are all busy and can't get to it anytime soon.  Talked to a contractor today who thought they could squeeze us in.   

Tom and I have tentatively settled on a deep, rich blue for the living room to cover the red.  I picked up a few samples yesterday to try out this weekend.  Not looking forward to wiping down EVERY wall in the house to get rid of the fine layer of floor dust before I even start painting.

And happy birthday to me on Sunday- my husband gave me the thumbs up to order a dining room set so we can actually fill the front room.  It will be delivered at the end of this month.   The boys gave me a garden landscape book to help in the planning of our new beds and gardens.  Tom got me the house (even though it is "our money", I know he would have been to content to stay where we are). 

If it wasn't for an up-all-night ear infection for Tommy Friday, and a cold for P Saturday-Monday, it would have been the perfect weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment