Sunday, February 10, 2013

P's School Valentine's

This year, I saw the cutest idea for a valentine in a parenting magazine (I can't recall which one).  I of course headed to my favorite website, Etsy.com, to see if I could find some creative person offering the idea up for sale (I've been a little busy).  Found exactly what I needed at PBJandJ's shop, http://www.etsy.com/listing/92157145/printable-valentines-cards-swedish-fish?  For $5, you get the digital file and can print away. 

To complete the project, here is all you need:

  • White card stock to print on
  • Bubble shaped bags from Michael's (about $4 for 100)
  • Ribbon to top off the bags once they are filled
  • 4 bags of Swedish Fish (3 if you can control yourself and not eat them during the entire project).  Yep, turns out I needed4 bags.
  • I also added a cute photo of P that I hole punched to each bag since he needs about a foot long piece of paper to write his name.
It took about 25 minutes to cut out the 32 fishbowls which print 4 to a page, and another 45 minutes to assemble them all.  Well worth it.  Highly recommend you head over to PBJand J at Etsy to get the instant download if you don't have your V-Day card idea yet. And just buy the extra bag of fish. You'll be glad you did.





1 comment:

  1. Hah, we have a weird synchronization around VDay cards -- I pinned this one just this morning (with Goldfish instead of Swedish fish) but at this point I don't think I'm going to get them done in 4 days.

    ReplyDelete