Yes, I'm here. And fine. Well, if you don't count the 5:30pm meltdown in the kitchen two days ago. Tom had been on this non-stop work binge for like 2 weeks, and I was feeling a lot in need of a mothering break. I just could NOT hear the kids whine one more time. Then they did. And I cried. I felt tons better the next day.
A day or so after my little pity party, I had a meeting with someone on my MOPS leadership team (if you don't know about Mothers of Preschoolers, would love to tell you!) I found out this mom has 4-year-old triplets, and a 2 1/2 year old. AND her husband is a civilian who deploys in 6-month increments overseas. He is there now. Wow. I felt guilty for not being able to handle a measly two kids, even with a husband who is here should I did need him. Then I realized it isn't just about the numbers. Being a mom is tough, whether you are pregnant with your first, have one, or have ten. We all need a moment every once in a while.
With Tom's crazy schedule, I haven't felt much like blogging, but I will this weekend. Lots of photos I want to get up.
Feel free to have a moment between now and then if you need it.
I had a moment tonight too! Whenever I am stressed personally, I notice our whole house seems to implode. It is the nature of conflict and stress management!! Funny how my kids annoy me more when I'm more stressed... hmm... Gotta work on that too. We are all works in progress, thanks be to God! ;) Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteThank you for reminding me I'm not alone! I've had some meltdowns in my motherhood "days"... and I feel the same way about whining! It must be a 3 year old thing. Thanks again for the post! Love you friend!
ReplyDelete