422 miles to Saginaw, MI. Six hours, 30 minutes. Grown-up radio stations. Five minute food/restroom stops. A silent backseat. One suitcase. Getting off the beaten path and exploring because we felt like it.
Saturday morning Tom and I kissed the kids goodbye (easier to do when we knew they were in great hands), grabbed some McDonald's for breakfast, and hit the turnpike for our 30 hour, whirlwind vacation to Saginaw, MI. One of Tom's Marine Corps buddies had invited us to his wedding reception and we weren't going to miss it!
We arrived at our hotel just in time for our pre-reception room cocktails (we always travel prepared) and a shower.
Then we hopped back in the car for a 15 minute ride to the reception site. Umm, was anyone more excited to see this sign than me? I love bowling. Tom and I had it all plotted out before we even entered the building. Wedding reception followed by some serious bowling.
| Tom with the bride, C, and groom, J. |
Here we are, scrapping our bowling plans due to sheer exhaustion after the long drive finally hit us. I know, how boring are we?
But yes, it was so tempting.
We are thankful C and J included us because we had so much fun on our extended date night.
It was over before we knew it.
![]() |
| Because some people just need it spelled out for them. |
| Honesty is the best policy. |
...and some fried shrimp.
Then we lapsed into a vacation coma and boat watched.
Without having to feed little mouths, or wiping sticky hands, or taking turns walking Tommy around the restaurant.
But in all honesty, we did talk about the kids (especially how P would have liked how the fish sticks came in meal boxes shaped like cars). But not all the time.
Then we got back in our car, and drove the two more hours home where we got lots of hugs. Did I mention just how much fun I had on this trip with Tom? I will escape with him anytime...


No comments:
Post a Comment