Monday, May 14, 2012

Bathroom Woes


I would call it ironic that because we are getting our master bath shower repaired, I actually wasn't able to shower today because my kids were cranky most of the day.  You see, the room that shares the other side of that wall is the nursery.  Tommy napped about 35 minutes today .  Patrick, about an hour and a half after the contractor left at 4:30.  It has been the longest day ever.  I keep reminding myself how exciting it will be to no longer shower with Buzz, Woody, a duck and the entire alphabet in foam letters. It has been almost ten months since we used our master shower. 

Turns out it had been leaking.
 A LOT.

And that pretty blue mosiac tile?  They don't make it anymore.  And that simple white tile?  They don't make that anymore either.  But we are improvising and making things work.  We have a great contractor who came oh-so-highly recommended by our our friends down the street.  So while we are in the depths of mess, I figured now was as good a time as any to change the yellow paint to something a little more subdued.  I am thinking a gray/blue? 

The funny thing?  I actually cleaned the bathroom before the contractors started this morning so they wouldn't be grossed out.  I know.  I cleaned that.  Makes no sense.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment