Saturday, March 24, 2012

Good Excuses

I know, I know. My posts have been few and far between. But for good reasons. Lots of good, warm, sun-filled, reasons. I haven't blogged, because we have been living outside (practically). My house is in need of a cleaning, dishes piled up, laundry remains unfolded, all because we have taken this beautiful gift from God and run with it. Anyone from Pittsburgh knows that almost two weeks of 70 degree weather is unheard of - even record setting. So...

Little ones traded in carpet for grass.
A water table was fashioned from a lonely red bucket and a cup.
The swings were abused with hours of "higher, Mom, higher!"
Long lost friends were found again-Hello, sun.
Plain rocks became works of art.
Whew, we are a tired group over here and sleeping good. We woke up to rain this morning, but it was almost a welcome excuse to have a lazy morning in our pajamas. I sacrificed P's naps this past week so he and I could get outside without Tommy holding us back in our activities, but boy has he been cranky by bedtime. So glad my little big guy is still a good napper.
And as for Tommy...He has mastered the art of opening the pocket doors, so I have put up more roadblocks. Our house is looking like a mouse maze these days. Always on the move, always wiggling, always into something. Also, it turns out he is a biter. He got me good on the shoulder yesterday. I thought he was just going in for a good hug cuddle when he hit. Then he breaks my heart with his squinted up face and tears after I yell at him and put him on the floor. I am getting better at reading the warning signs, and at least he hasn't gotten Patrick yet.
YET.

No comments:

Post a Comment