Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cutest Valentine's Card EVER

I am posting this now, not because I am organized, but I wanted others to be able to have time to recreate it. I take no credit - I found it on Pinterest and tracked it to this blog http://24-7-365.blogspot.com/2009/02/lavish-me-with-praise.html


After hunting all the stores for cute lollipops, I hit gold with this package of 24 suckers at Sam's Club for only $8! I used pre-cut 5X7 stationary flat cards from Michaels, but it would be fun to do multiple colors of cardstock. I had some trouble getting the font big enough in my basic editing software, so this friend http://www.morrisonmiracles.blogspot.com/ came to my rescue. If I had school aged kids though, I think it would be cuter to have them write a message and sign their name using a photo pen.

The only thing I need to track down is a scrapbooking punch so I can make the hole for the lollipop stem. My regular old-school hole punch wasn't long enough, and when I used scissors to punch through, it left the rough edge showing where the stem comes back through the front of the card.

I hope someone else is able to use this idea! I also thought about getting the heart balloons from the dollar store for a few of P's closer friends and having the string come through like he is holding the balloon.

So now I have adorable Valentine's waiting to be assembled, but I also still have a laundry basket of white undershirts and socks sitting in my guestroom for a record setting 8 days.

2 comments:

  1. Hah, we are doing those same Valentines! I came across them on Design Mom:

    http://www.designmom.com/2010/02/done/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out great! Love them -- and love him!

    ReplyDelete