It is no secret that in the world of kid's retail, the scales of cuteness are tipped in favor of the girls. I hunted for some cute V-day shirts for the boys to no avail, so the inner crafter trapped in my non-crafter body came up with these no sew, 5-minute shirts. Proud to say I didn't steal this idea from anyone (unlike my valentine card idea)
P.S. One day, along with photography, embroidery, and knitting, I am going to learn to sew.
Step 1: Hit Toys R'Us where I found these red, turtleneck onesies for $3.80 each. Head to Michaels and pick up a $5 iron on letter transfer set. The plain white iron on fabric I couldn't find at Michaels so I ordered online from Amazon for less than $4.00 (I got free shipping because I had ordered some other things).
Step 2: I cut a heart out of cardboard and traced my pattern on the white iron on fabric and cut it out.
Step 3: Iron on the heart, then immediately iron on the letters of your choice.
Step 4: Peel off the plastic from the letters and ready to wear!
Step 6: Have lots of candy on hand to bribe toddler to pose for photos with his unsuspecting brother. Note the drool that appeared on the shirts within the first 30 seconds.
No comments:
Post a Comment