Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shedding Like a Lab

From the time I met Tom up until just after our wedding, I had a blind, black lab who was the sweetest dog on earth. She also shed like a champ. I feel like I am her lately. For some woman, at around the 2-3 month mark after delivering, you begin to lose your hair. Because my hair is so thick to begin with, I lose A LOT. It is everywhere-on my clothes, the floor, the couch, on the baby. It is gross.

On top of being annoyed about that, I took Patrick to a new salon this morning to get his hair cut. I know toddler cuts are tough because they don't sit still for very long, but I was looking for an improvement over the last place I used. Where was I going with this? Oh, annoyed. The woman who cut P's hair was named Katie-such a cute name. Even her last name (which I won't post) was adorable. Imagine something cute like Katie King. She was in her mid-20's I would guess, with adorable dark hair done up in an adorable pony tail with a little adorable braid blended in. She was beautiful. Stunning really, with the perfect pale peach skin you see in Noxema commercials. And I have hair that is falling out like a lab. Where are all the frumpy hairdressers when you need to feel better about yourself? Patrick liked her of course. End pity party. After all, I had beautiful dark hair in my early 20's too before I had to start coloring the crap out of all my grays. Just wait, Katie.

On another note, the chimney guy finally arrived this afternoon to give his best expert opinion. Sadly, the chimney is in as bad of shape as my hair, but at least does not appear to have to be completely rebuilt. Still, I will be mourning the loss of my new dining room set that I was planning on having duplicated from the Pottery Barn catalog by an Amish man who lives an hour north. Good bye, wall long bar/buffet. Hello, sturdy chimney that won't be losing bricks in the next storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment