Monday, July 18, 2011

The All Seeing Eye

Love, love our video monitors, except when my husband secretly photographs my behind while I was trying to soothe an overtired, crying Patrick to bed Friday night. We have caught Patrick doing something he shouldn't have been enough times to make this thing worth its weight in gold. My favorite moment recently: being a fly on the wall while Tom and Patrick completed night-time prayers before bed last night.


Tommy, now officially 3 months, has spoiled me rotten with all this sleeping. He is taking one good 2-3 hour nap around 1:00 or 2:00, followed by a full night around 8:00pm. In another month we are going to start him on some stage one foods. He and Patrick were my shopping companions Saturday when we hit the outlets and were very well behaved. Only in the fashion world does summer end in early July-I love end of summer clearance shopping when I can still get lots of use out of the clothes this season. Got a great dress/beach cover-up at J-Crew for $15 that will be coming on vacation with me.




Finished up a workout this morning, but was dragging a little following a late night caulking party in the kids' bathroom. It isn't pretty, but at least the patches should get us through to the spring when we plan to gut the whole room and start from scratch. With so much still to do on the house, we are prioritizing and shelving cosmetic projects for a more practical approach-like roof and chimney repairs and diagnosing a possible leaking shower in our master bath. I am itching to rip out all the old bathroom fixtures though and finally re-paint the bright yellow walls with a more appealing color. I would hate to do it now and see my work get demolished in the spring, so I will silently hate it for the next few months.


Enjoy your week...

No comments:

Post a Comment