Patrick had picked up his plastic golf club the other day and held it up to his ear like a phone. "Hello, meatballs" he said. Which leads me to the subject of this blog post: who is out there? My curiosity gets the better of me sometimes-who is actually interested in my blow-by-blow boring mommy life? Tom suggested a ticker counter and after just a few days, I am pleased to know I do have an audience to ramble to, even if I don't know who you are.
If one of you happens to be the mom from our church cry room who brings the huge container (like a 2 lb jar) of raisins every Sunday for your three kids, I have this to say: you don't need that many raisins to make it through mass. Your kids will get by just fine on the cookies, gummies, and cereal you also bring. And if you are trying to keep a steady stream of food in their mouths in an attempt to keep them quiet, newsflash-it isn't working.
And if anyone out there works at J-Crew, please do hook me up with your employee discount so I can afford the $200 sandals I want.
That's all.
Over and Out, Meatballs.
If one of you happens to be the mom from our church cry room who brings the huge container (like a 2 lb jar) of raisins every Sunday for your three kids, I have this to say: you don't need that many raisins to make it through mass. Your kids will get by just fine on the cookies, gummies, and cereal you also bring. And if you are trying to keep a steady stream of food in their mouths in an attempt to keep them quiet, newsflash-it isn't working.
And if anyone out there works at J-Crew, please do hook me up with your employee discount so I can afford the $200 sandals I want.
That's all.
Over and Out, Meatballs.
Meatball here. Always. :) Love the Mass comment. What we found works best for Mass attention--NOTHING. No books, toys, food, drink and sitting close to the front (with an occasional departure for the cry room). Literally, all the extras are distractions from what's really going on. The more you can engage them in their surroundings, the better!!
ReplyDeleteAs for our little one, MG, she's doing the nursery these days because she is LOUD! :)