Now that are kitchen is stripped down to bare bones, I thought I would offer you a little reminder about all that 50's had to offer when it came to kitchen style.
Day 1, Demo:
This corner with the red stripe is my future pantry. Turns out it used to be the first floor powder room, which makes sense since the two existing bathrooms now were put on as additions.
Check out the bathroom wallpaper, which I actually think is pretty cute in a retro-kind-of-way:
...and the original laminate floor. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
At one point the ceiling was apparently wallpapered. The beige on the walls is a faux beige brick wallpaper.
Oh, wow, that laminate makes me shed a tear of nostalgia! We had that exact same pattern in our first home's kitchen, before we redid it. In an epic design choice, they even used that laminate for the COUNTERTOPS!
ReplyDelete