Yippee, I officially have a pantry behind that unfinished door!
And yes, that is more paint samples on the wall. I can barely even say the word, but you can guess what I will be doing this week. Because the granite has a burgundy streak in it (here is a sample piece), we are limited on our color choices. These are four wine colored samples from Home Depot's Behr collection. The far left is my top choice, Cinnamon Cherry (next to it is Dark Garnet, then Chianti, then Wine Tasting). I am going to paint a bigger sample area tonight to get a sense as to whether a red is the way to go. I just think a cream would look strange next to the granite that is white and gray.
Thankfully, the worst of the dust is over. This picture is of the dining room floor Friday evening as I started to clean for P's birthday party. It was all over the downstairs thanks to little feet that were constantly tracking it everywhere the air didn't carry it.
The boys and I are off to Lowes to buy the pantry shelving that the contractors will install, and the cabinets are set to be installed on the 29th. All appliances have been ordered and I just need to get the hardwood floor guys in to fill in some gaps in the floor where the removed the existing peninsula. Oh, and the pendant lights are on the way! Went with this guy to tie in the oil rubbed bronze fixtures:
Hopefully, I will get Patrick's birthday photos uploaded this afternoon.

Looks awesome! The reds look great, but might I also recommend a warm gray tone for the walls. We are *loving* our new piano room color of gray! Excited for you! xox
ReplyDelete