Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tommy is One!

Tuesday, we hit the town to celebrate Tommy's first birthday.  We started at the Science Center (thanks mom for the membership!) and Tommy could have spent all day at the water tables, which we had all to ourselves.  We tried to move on to some other exhibits, but as soon as I pulled him away, he just cried and crawled right back over.  The other little boy with us in the photos is our neighbor, Ben, and it just so happens that Ben also shares a birthday with Tommy.





 



After we had sufficiently exhausted the water, we decided on an impromptu lunch with Daddy and took the new subway, which has a station at the Science Center, to within a block of Tom's office. Patrick was a little apprehensive, but thanks to an episode of "Caillou" where Caillou rides the subway to visit a friend, he was a willing passenger. 


Wednesday Tommy had his one-year well check with our friend, Dr. Mary.  She wanted to know if we had any exceptional height in our family because Tommy is now measuring in at 32" (96th percentile) and 21.1 lbs (26th).  Oddly, he has a small head (4th), but he doesn't have to be smart if he can pound all the other kids into the ground.

I switched Tommy to whole milk about two weeks before his birthday and he had no problems adapting.  The kid will eat anything and is already eating more than his big brother in a sitting.  I wish this were an exaggeration, but it it isn't.  He continues to sleep 7-6:30 and is walking in spurts with a whole lot of crawling mixed in.  Tommy has said two words aside from the standard "momma", "dadda" and "Baba": the first has been a very inconsistent "night,night".  He would usually say it out of context, but is now saying it more frequently when he is tired.  The second was an isolated incident of "nana" when I held up a banana and asked if he wanted it.  He said "nana" clear as day, then twice more as he waited impatiently for me to cut it up.  I haven't been able to get him to say it since.

Just like his brother, Tommy is shaping up into a good shopper and he is a great car traveler.  His new car seat should be here in the next day or so, which is good since he is 15 oz short of the maximum limit for his infant car seat, as well as the max height.  He seems to have outgrown the biting phase, at least for now.  I love that he is now a hugger - good, long hugs when he does decide to dish one out.  And curls.  He still has these soft curls in  the back that I adore.  He may wind up with a permanent mullet because I just can't bear to cut them.   

So much more I coul dwrite, but off  to bed for this mom. Happy Birthday, Tommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment