Monday, April 16, 2012

Party Prep

Everyone pitched in to help get ready for Tommy's party yesterday - P volunteered to help clean up the whisk, of course.
Tom and I make a great team. I come up with the project, and he perfectly executes for me. We needed something on this wall to help control the array of crayons, wonder markers and other craft items that we have accrued. In the past the crayons and markers usually sat out on top of P's table, but that had to end when Tommy started pulling up on things and eating them. Pottery Barn Kids had an awesome cubby shelf, but even on sale it was $79. No way.
One day I spied a set of simple white shelves at TJ Maxx for $15. At Michaels I found simple acrylic containers in three different sizes. Not super cheap with the big ones ringing in at $3.50 each, but still a lot cheaper than the cubbie shelf.
So up went my shelves Saturday and here is our new art wall, safely tucked out of the way of Tommy's reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment