Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

We were muddling through the non-routine of a newborn last Easter, so this Easter was a much different experience with the boys. Minus the allergy symptoms that hit Tom and me, it was a joy-filled weekend. Both boys reasonably cooperated at the Good Friday Liturgy (I was solo with them), and Saturday we attended a birthday party down the street then spent the rest of the day at home getting ready for Easter. Tom worked ALL day Saturday in the basement, nearly finishing (oh so close) the carpet squares (can't wait to post the "after" pictures!).

On Easter morning, Patrick was up by 7:15 and quickly found his brother's Easter basket (in western Pennsylvania, the Easter Bunny hides the Easter baskets by tradition), but needed some help locating his - next year the bunny will have to pick a better spot. I couldn't stop myself - I put both boys in matching bunny pajamas with bunny feet. Sorry, boys. Luckily for them, I didn't get a good picture.
A little Easter morning romp...
An Easter tradition: Patrick specifically asked the Easter Bunny for yellow Peeps and delved right into the marshmallowey goodness.
A little joint Easter egg hunt between our backyard and that of our neighbors after church-the girls spend the entire summer at the beach so their Easter baskets are always beach pails that they take with them to the shore.
Our Easter photo with church clothes still intact. We had to wake up this sweet man to snag the photo:
After church, the kids and I snagged naps while one amazing husband cleaned up the aftermath of the morning downstairs. When we headed over to Tom's parent's house, we left a clean, tidy kitchen and family room which was a perfect gift when we all returned exhausted at 7pm.
hhUncle Mike, his tractor and two happy boys.
Aunt L, Baba, T, Daddy, P, Me, Grampy, and Uncle M

No comments:

Post a Comment