Saturday, January 8, 2011

Nesting

I have been extremely anxious lately about the lack of progress (up until today) in our future nursery. Neither Tom nor I had ever stripped wallpaper, and we weren't sure what to expect. But with the help of babysitter to wrangle Patrick, Tom and I started clearing out the room at 9AM this morning. I took charge of Patrick at 1:00 while Tom plugged away until 4:15ish when we had to break for dinner (a fabulous Turkey dinner prepared for two weary workers). I resumed at 7:45, and by 10:30 was just about there.


While the room is now empty while we work on the nursery, the rest of my upstairs is in chaos. Uggh. Thank goodness this is the ONLY room with the red paper and it happens to be the smallest bedroom.


Bye, Bye red!


And this is all that remains to remove Sunday...


(and this)


I really can't explain this need to complete the room so quickly-I don't remember being this way this early with Patrick. Overall, stripping not so bad and I got a good arm work out out of it.

2 comments:

  1. The room looks so much better (and bigger) without that red wallpaper! I can't wait to get started on our nursery!

    ReplyDelete