Sunday, January 23, 2011

Coffee, Midnight and Misc. Thoughts

I had some extra caffeine at 7:00ish Saturday evening because I was fading but DETERMINED to finish painting the trim in an otherwise completed room. Pan to the finished room, the clock that says 12:15AM and a wide awake woman and her belly blogging because she can't fall asleep. My husband is asleep. He can fall asleep in 30 seconds flat-not exaggerating here. And he can fall asleep anywhere-the couch, the floor, the bed, a chair. But apparently I misjudged the needed pick-me-up dose of coffee, so here I am.

Milestones this week for our family- Patrick told me he pooped for the very first time. Usually I catch a whiff of something and when I question the pooper I get a strong denial. Sorry if you find this disturbing, but it was big news in our house.

A roofer, God bless him, made a house call on a Saturday to check out our leaking addition roof. The good news-an ice guard system installed on the roof should prevent future leaks. The bad news-they can't install it until spring. We may have to live with the occasional drip drip until then. Anyone have one of these systems installed? I'd love some feedback.

The Christmas tree is mostly put away, but sadly I still have a lot of decorations to box up. Does the fact that my storage bins are doing double duty as drip drip collectors beneath my leaky ceiling count as a valid excuse?

Baby is good (at least to the best of my knowledge). Still just one in there despite what strangers at the grocery store and people at my husband's workplace are speculating. Doctor's appointment Monday and ultrasound on Wednesday. Ankles fluctuating, but good today. No problem sleeping, minus the twice a night trips to the bathroom.

Off to try sleep one more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment