Monday, August 12, 2013

Kaya at Two Weeks

Two weeks down!  Kaya was an excellent pupil at the Breast Feeding Center of Pittsburgh on Friday, and I am happy to report we are completely off formula after only an hour of instruction from the best miracle workers around.  We had a weigh-in at the pediatrician this morning, and Kaya is already back up to 9 lbs (almost an 11 oz. gain in a week).  She doesn't have to be seen again until her 1 month check-up. 

She is still waking on her own at night, but only twice the last few nights.  Considering her sizable weight gain, there is no way I am waking her for middle of night feedings at this time.


Other developments?  Note the very subtle beginnings of what I fear is an emerging mohawk (originally made fashionable by big brother Patrick at birth).  It just won't go down.  I also swear her hair is getting lighter. 
She had her first bath last night, but cried as soon as I stripped her down.  Patrick was my helper, of course. 

I am still not driving, but getting very tempted to do so.  I still don't want to pick up Tommy quite yet, so I am going to stretch my patience a bit further until I can get him in and out of carts safely. 

We had some more visitors this past week - my sister and nephews. 


Jack (who was rooting for a little girl!)

Big cousin Nathan


Aunt Karen with Kaya


No comments:

Post a Comment