Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Kaya- 4 weeks

The adrenaline of the first month of sweet baby girl has long worn off.  I am now sleeping during nightly feedings and can barely function before two cups of coffee each morning.  I try to catch an afternoon nap while Tommy naps, but Kaya has designated that general time frame as her "awake" time.  On top of feeling physically exhausted, the pounds have quit dropping off despite the fact that I am nursing.  The scales are now stuck at 170.  I can't wait to start exercising so I have more energy.  I can't wait until I have more energy to start exercising.  Hmmm.  You see my dilemma. 

Still, Kaya is the easiest baby of my three.  She continues to sleep for 4 or 5 hours at a time at night and usually falls right back to sleep after each feeding.  She is an expert at peeing all over herself and me while I change her diaper.  Can't wait for this phase to end. 

So tired and crabby, I decided to try for a photo of all three kids.  After failing miserably, I rounded them up with Baba in tow and went to Picture People at the mall.  They failed as well thanks to a 2 year old who wouldn't sit still for two seconds.   I am holding out hope that my dear friend E can capture three smiling kiddos. 






I did manage to finally get a shot of Kaya's baby blues though-


On a positive note, this past Friday we celebrated Grampy's arrival home after a month and a half long absence in California.  He finally got a chance to meet his first granddaughter!

Only 4 more months before she sleeps through the night?  Tom and I have officially postponed our 5 year anniversary coming up on Friday until I am no longer wearing maternity clothes, have no bags under my eyes, and can stay awake while eating fancy food somewhere.  Completely unrelated, but has anyone actually tasted the multi-vitamin drops breastfeeding babies get?  I never had with P or T, but just did.  Try getting the taste of cherry rust out your mouth.  Ick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment