Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Hiccup

Still feeling good post C-section, but there was a small hiccup Wednesday.  My incision was pulling apart (the tiniest bit) in one place, and bleeding (the tiniest bit).  I thought this was strange since I am already a month into my recovery.  I saw my doctor the next day and he said not to worry- because this is my third incision, scar tissue on scar tissue just doesn't heal as well, but it will.  No infection, and I am due for my 6 week follow-up this coming Thursday where they can check it again. 

In the meantime, Kaya is consistently gracing us with more awake time.  She is still not much of a crier, but today she seemed much more fussy than usual.  I tried to think about what I had eaten, but there was no smoking gun that was obvious. Hoping tomorrow will be a bit better.

This morning I decided to throw caution to the wind and tackle a bit of our front yard I fondly call the jungle.  Already looking better, but check back Wednesday for the likely post, "Poison Ivy - The Never Ending Saga".

1 comment:

  1. Just a word of caution--be careful and don't overdo it! My friend recently re-opened her C-section scar ~4weeks (after being cleared at 2 weeks postpartum) and ended up having to take an extra month of recovery/bedrest. She so regrets pushing it early on, so just be careful!!!

    ReplyDelete