Monday, July 22, 2013

Nursery and 38 Weeks

Hello, 38 weeks! Just one week until baby arrives.  I was doing everything possible to convince her to make an earlier appearance, but Tom left today for more business travel across the country, so I'm back to being fine with waiting.  My sister, a nurse, is my OR stand-in should Tom not make it back for some reason, so I am covered. 

Meanwhile, the nursery is done!  The yellow rocker goes back to Patrick, but worked out so the whole room wasn't all pink.  The cushion for the built-in bookcase is at the seamstress, but she is about a month behind so I won't be seeing it for a while.  I have a coordinating pillow/sham for the rocker, but it has baby's monogram embroidered, so for now that is stowed away.  The changing table was a hand-me-down, and the crib we used for both boys.





The rug and butterflies on the wall are my only coordinating "theme" items - I didn't want to wind up with a whole room of butterfly items.


A cheap Target dresser ended up fitting perfectly in the closet and takes care of my storage issue. 


And these two dolls are my first gift for this baby girl. 


I have a lot of days where I don't feel all that great.  This baby is putting incredible pressure on me to the point of being painful. I never had that with P or T, and it makes outings hard.  We are mainly sticking close to home.  I do have my last hair appointment tomorrow, and my 38 week check-up Wednesday.  New batteries are in the bouncy seat.  Pacifiers are sterilized (new pink ones, of course).
 
Just waiting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment