Sunday, July 7, 2013

Not Good

"Not good" is what Tommy says when he is doing something naughty or he sees something bad.  My poison ivy has surpassed the "Not good" stage.  At day 7, it continues to spread.  It is now on my back, my other leg, my hand, the palm of my hand, my belly, and worse in the areas it was already established.  I broke down and applied the first round of steroid cream I was prescribed.  I am extra cranky with the 24-7 itching.  At least I got two hours of relief in the pool yesterday. 

Tom is at the office on this Sunday afternoon and the boys are playing together in the next room.  Naps are approaching.  Hooray for a steady rain that seems to be making everyone a little drowsy. 

Tom and I had a stay-in date night yesterday.  We put the kids to bed them rented Oz, the Great and Powerful on Direct TV.  We watched it from bed on our new TV that Tom mounted yesterday afternoon in our bedroom.  I forgot what a luxury it is to have a TV in the bedroom.  It hadn't got great reviews, but we both enjoyed what we saw- we had to stop it with 30 minutes left because neither of us could keep our eyes open.  I think it was 10:30 :)

Week 36 doctor's appointment is Tuesday morning.  I will be weekly after that.  My hospital bag is mostly packed. 
I have borrowed a friend's cleaning service for the month of August since I won't be very mobile, and the nursery is done pending the bench seat cushion that still needs sewn (not by me!).  The kitchen floor was stained and sealed yesterday, so once I get the layers of dust of all the appliances and cabinets, the kitchen will be officially DONE. 

That's all- lots of last minute details that still need wrapped up, but all the major items are checked off at this point. 
Bring on the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment