Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Loveable Challenge

Tommy,

You are my daily challenge, but my forever love.  I am trying, trying, trying to yell less and ride out this phase, but I am also thinking smarter. 

Gates smarter.  No more chasing you to Daddy's office, or to the mudroom, or downstairs to the basement.  Wednesday we went to Target and came home with two, beautiful, white safety gates.  Why didn't I do this sooner?  Tom will install the gate at the bottom of the stairs so you can't run wild upstairs while we are downstairs.  Life is already getting easier. 

I know you will counter with your best, and I will try to be ready.  Meanwhile, thanks for making me laugh with all your little "Tommy" phrases.

In the car, at very random, but frequent, times-
Tommy: "What happened up there?"
Me: "Nothing happened up there."
Tommy: "Oh, for Pete's Sake". 

At bedtime, every single night:
Me: "Sweet Dreams"
Tommy: "Don't be a dumbbell."
Me: "I won't. Don't let the bedbugs bite."

You are obsessed with Caillou.  Everything is yours, and it is always your turn. You love being tickled- "Do it again!" you shout when I stop.  You don't need a reason for a tantrum.  You throw one when it is time to put on PJ's, when it is time to take them off, when I try to give you the milk you asked for, when you want to go somewhere but refuse to put your shoes on.  You are putting everything that isn't nailed down in your mouth, which has been a little stressful for me. 

You love the pool, especially swimming with me in the big pool.  We had the best time splashing around together yesterday while Patrick swam with Baba.  Much needed you-and-me positive time. 

Your favorite book is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, which you have daddy read every, single, night. 

I think you will surprise me when Baby arrives.  I know you will be a fantastic big brother.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment