Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tommy's 2nd Birthday (Cup) Cake

I came very close to bailing on my tradition of making each kid their own special birthday cake this year.  I mean, I have a whole floor of unpacked boxes, painting, and a kitchen to RE-pack (more on this).  But good old guilt had me up until midnight on Friday making these adorable guys for our Saturday celebration with family:


Cute, huh?  I followed the online Youtube tutorial  here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i1g5kNepik.  You will note there are only six cupcakes on my tray.  That is because it took me THREE hours to make just six.  I was exhausted.  Thank goodness I wasn't counting on these for a party with twenty kids. 
 I cannot, under any circumstances, cook neatly. 

Each cupcake was about a pound of icing.  Ick.  If you are thinking of trying these out, I recommend buying cupcakes already made and iced, then finishing them with the blue icing.  Tommy liked them, and that's what counts.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those are crazy-cute. What are the white eyes? Also, you are looking adorably pregnant!!

    ReplyDelete