Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

Easter weekend was so..., so...normal.  No unpacking, no rushing here and there.  Saturday turned into the first mild spring day we have been longing for, and Tom took the kids to play football at the nearby school's field (I stayed home to mop the ceiling of our great room).  He returned with two exhausted children who took nice long naps while escaped outside for one of my ultimate joys- gardening!


Two hours of raking, pulling, and dumping produced a lot of this:

 At the end, I have one upper bed ready for summer planting.  I may have been completely useless by 7pm that night, but I felt great being so productive under the sun.

Sunday morning Patrick was the first up at 6:40am (usually it is Tommy who wakes us from his crib at 7 chanting "Momma, hug").  He burst into our bedroom holding a plastic egg the Easter Bunny had left in the hallway outside his room.  Off they went hunting eggs and baskets downstairs.  P found his basket right away.




Tommy carried these two lollipops around all morning, and carried a box of dots through most of mass.  He never tried to open them.

Uncle Pat, almost 91, drove down from Erie.  Baba is that good of a cook.


P and Grampy
Happy Easter, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment