Saturday, November 12, 2011

There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a...Deck???

Patrick and Tommy went down for naps at the same time. Weather=beautiful.
Tom was sweeping sand into the crevices of our patio pavers in prep for winter, and I decided to pressure wash the deck which had become precariously slippery due to a season's worth of moss buildup. Turns out you can't just pressure wash a section of a deck because the deck would be two different colors.
Soooo...
I had to do the whole thing.

I was soaked and dirty at that point, and needed to jump in the shower before I grabbed a now awake baby out of the crib.
But I had been meaning to scrub that tub for a month,
soooo...
I did that first.

I felt so good that I finally could check that task off my list, that I decided to go the whole nine yards and collect up all the bath mats to throw in the laundry.
I came downstairs with Tommy (Patrick was still napping), looked around at ALL the clutter and things that needed to be put away, and started to clean up. I went to the hall closet to put away an umbrella and...

noticed a dust bunny.

Soooo...
I took everything out of the bottom of the closet to vacuum. Including my pool bag which had been sitting in there since Labor day weekend. Started pulling out the contents to put away until next season. Went to put away the vacuum then thought, I might as well sweep the whole downstairs while the cord was already unwound. (Tommy loves the vacuum).
But, when I was done sucking up crumbs...

I noticed how dirty the floors are.

Soooo...
Yep, after this blog, I am going to do a long needed mop (I am longing for a steam mop by the way. My neighbor swears by hers).

Laundry is whirling and whooshing in the washer as I type.

I am the old lady who swallowed a fly, but the cleaning version of the book.
I am also never going to be able to get up in the morning.
And...my house is still cluttered and in need of more organizing than when I started (pool gear sitting in front entryway).

1 comment:

  1. You are still going to feel so good knowing these tasks are done... even if the rest of the house is a wreck! Great work! You are inspiring!! :)

    ReplyDelete