Friday, November 18, 2011

More Zoo and a Resolution

Okay, I mean it, I am going to sign up for a basic photography class. I played around on the "P" setting at the zoo Monday (Tommy's first zoo adventure!), but had disappointing results. Liked my frog, but had no luck in the first shot which is the penguin tank. The top is bright light, with a dark water tank underneath, and apparently I had no idea what I was doing. I wanted to get Patrick in focus with the swimming penguins slightly blurred, but everything came out blurry (talented photographer friends, any suggestions?).

I resolve to master my camera off of the automatic setting.



I am going to tackle this resolution soon. I will learn more settings and will learn to use some editing software. It is a big, time-consuming task though that intimidates me. Already I can't keep up with laundry. Tom, you might not have clean underwear for a while, but we will have beautiful pictures.

I love going to the zoo when most sane people stay away. Snow, rain, hurricane force winds=no crowds. When the hourly forecast showed a two hour window of no rain amidst an otherwise rainy day on Monday, off we went. The prediction was about 20 minutes off, but we were prepared with umbrellas and rain boots and enjoyed a relatively empty zoo.










No comments:

Post a Comment