Today Patrick had his long anticipated visit with a pediatric allergist (who turned out to be the brother of my new neighborhood friend) to figure out what the deal is with his newly discovered corn/milk/soy/egg whites/barley allergies.
Turns out he isn't allergic to any of those. We determined that by the nice doctor asking me if he ever had any symptoms when eating those foods.
Nope.
No allergy then, says the doctor. About 1 in 3 kids have a false positive on the test. He still has his peanut allergy though, and some new epi pens (just in case).
One more thing to thank God for-after a weigh in of 27.5 pounds, Patrick has inched up to the 25th percentile for weight. Sounds good to me! I pulled him from occupational therapy due to what I would describe as a disorganized, shabby feeding program. We may try another program in the area I heard good things about, but as long as he is growing and making progress, we are going to try what we have learned on our own for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment