Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Diaper Rash

Poor Tommy, as a result of his cold, he developed a slight pooping issue-a little bit, a lot of the time. He got the worst diaper rash ever and I had a learning moment as a mom. Patrick never had diaper rash as a baby, so with Tommy, I just kept slathering on the butt creams-Butt Paste, A&D, A&D with zinc, Desitin Max, all to no avail. Tommy would scream when I changed him. I soaked him in baths and let him crawl around without his diaper on (and subsequently cleaned up the poo and pee off of my hardwoods), but it wasn't improving. Finally I called my doctor's office to schedule an appointment and they told me to try Lotrimin cream that is used for athlete's foot. Turns out they were right-Tommy had a yeast rash and it was no wonder he was miserable and wouldn't nap. After just a day on the cream his diaper rash is nearly gone and he is a different baby.

I feel horrible that I didn't call sooner. Sorry, Tommy. In news of the good, I have gotten a couple of "Mama"s out of him this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment