Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend Recap

Every spare minute this weekend was spent outside on the yard- we still have tons of weeding to do and lots of mulch to move, but we did check a lot off our to-do list:



Tom hung my hanging basket hardware and I finished the basket plantings-our deck is starting to look entertainment-worthy for the summer. I also created a flower bed in between the deck and stone patio.



This was my Saturday morning accomplishment- 2 hours of weeding and mulching and my front left flower bed is done!





The first thing you see when you park at the end of the driveway was this small slope that was pretty boring- we will see how these climbing vines actually do. This project would have been easier had I not been harassed by two cardinals who had a nest in a nearby tree.


Our goal is to be done with all the major lawn maintenance before mid June so we can enjoy summer. In reality, we should have all of our projects done in September.


P.S. I somehow have managed to get poison ivy (or poison oak) AGAIN. I wasn't even working anywhere near the suspect sites. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! Especially the front flower bed and the new one you made in the back.

    ReplyDelete