Saturday, May 21, 2011

Let the Festivities Begin!

A special, extra-giggly boy is turning two next weekend, but we are celebrating with a birthday cookout dinner tomorrow. If you are a loyal blog follower, you might recall that for P's first birthday, I made an Ernie cake that I was pretty proud of. I debated skipping making P's cake this year and buying one from my favorite bakery, but then I decided P deserved a fun cake, baby or no baby. Soooo... equipped with directions for an online recipe I found, I collected all the necessary ingredients-can you guess what it could be other than loaded with everything sugar?




From start to finish: One hour and 15 minutes.


It begins with a thawed Sara Lee frozen pound cake, cut into two sections, then covered with icing.



Add some donuts and we are almost ready to roll.




Okay, if you haven't guessed bulldozer after the next photo, you need to repeat construction vehicles 101...



And the final detail? Crumbled chocolate graham crackers. Here she is-the official Pohl second annual birthday cake creation. I can't wait for P to see it tomorrow (I made it during his nap today). While I would have liked for it to be a little neater, I was trying to also contend with a baby during assembly.



Bring on the birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Carol, this is amazing! Only an hour and 10 minutes??? You are incredi-mama! :) Way to go!! Happy early birthday to your biggest littlest man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how creative you are!! This is awesome. How will you out-do yourself next year? :)

    ReplyDelete