Thursday, May 19, 2011

Do I Smell Like Baby Spit Up?

This was the question I posed to Tom yesterday as he hugged me upon his arrival home. The answer-yes (of course). Both my boys are spitter-uppers. Patrick has worn a bib for most of his short life for either spit-up or drool protection. So I began thinking about how Patrick and Tommy will differ in their preferences and physical appearances, or what similarities they will share.

Both boys are good sleepers, and neither really fussed much as newborns. However, Patrick immediately took to a pacifier and Tommy seems agitated when I try to put one anywhere near his mouth.

Patrick has always been at the low end of the weight spectrum for his age despite being born at over 9 lbs. Tommy had his one month check-up today and weighed in at a whopping 11 lbs (79th percentile for weight).

Patrick was born with a strip of hair down the middle of his head that resembled a mohawk. Tommy on the other hand seems to have the least amount of hair in the middle.

Both kiddos have/had baby acne in the first few weeks.

Tommy is trying to set a new world record for longest umbilical cord stump attachment. He still has not lost it and therefore has not had a bath yet, so I can't compare bath experiences.

Still, despite the differences and the gap in age, these two already seem like best friends...




Big brother reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear to Tommy.


And what one is doing, the other will ultimately want to do as well...




And as for me, I am still exhausted most of the time. Tommy gave me a good 6 hour chunk of sleep last night and I am just waiting for the grunting I hear from his crib right now to stop before I climb into bed.


Stay tuned for some posts this weekend: we celebrate Patrick's birthday Sunday (a week early) and Tom is building his birthday present-a swing set-this Saturday! My son may permanently reside in our backyard once it is completed. I'll have to feed him breakfast, lunch and dinner there he loves swinging so much. Also, I am trying to top my Ernie cake from last year so Saturday I will be in the kitchen whipping up my creation.

1 comment:

  1. The boys are adorable and look like they're going to be fast friends. Wonderful for you! Go easy on yourself this weekend and with the cake! You are a miracle worker just in what you do as a mommy!!

    ReplyDelete