Yes, Tom and I flunked parenting on Memorial Day when we decided that if we stayed in the shade, it would be fine to drag our 6 week old baby and toddler to an outdoor Memorial Day picnic on a day with record setting 93 degree weather. What were we thinking, you ponder? We don't know either.
We spent most of our short time there alternating who should take Tommy inside the air-conditioned building while the other hurriedly shoveled down potato salad and shrimp that were baking in the sun. It culminated with me feeding Tommy in the car with air conditioning blasting in the parking lot. Still, Patrick got a balloon spider, I drank half of a pina colada before it melted, and no one had to go to the ER, so no harm done.
P.S. Exercise T.V. rocks.
Lol! I could have written this post for GG and I so many times. There have been countless events where we've been run around by the kids that it was totally NOT worth attending. You'll make those mistakes and then you'll learn and you will be better people for it! It's all about dying to self, right?!
ReplyDelete"that WERE totally NOT worth it". Just now editing--sorry for the bad grammar! :)
ReplyDelete