Monday, February 21, 2011

Shower to Showers

There are some people in this world you would do just about anything for, and for me one of those people is my friend Elizabeth in Charlotte, NC. She is continuously doing for others, so when it came time for her baby shower, I boarded a plane and headed south for a short weekend trip. Couldn't miss this for anything because this baby was a long time coming for she and her husband.

E (middle) is due just a little over one week before me and looks AMAZING. In fact, on the way back from the shower location, we were discussing that each of her neighbors (who have anywhere from 1-3 kids) all also look model thin amazing-what is it about southern moms? How do you do it??



Sorry to offend anyone should I have attended your baby shower, but this was hands down the best shower I have been to- there was laughing and some crying, and tons of good food. Or maybe it was just the best because she so deserved this day.
Elizabeth's mom and neighbor threw her the shower, and her mom sewed this family tree quilt to hang on the nursery wall using fabrics from the nursery. Oh, how I wish I could sew.







And at the end of my trip, I had these two handsome guys to greet me at baggage claim. Sadly, Patrick was more interested in playing with my bag than dishing out hugs. I do have it under good authority that he did miss me though. Thanks to my husband who watched P solo for the weekend so I could have my girl time (and he did an awesome job, complete with a gourmet dinner waiting). And so Sunday evening, I left behind one great shower in North Carolina to return home to snow showers in the Burgh. Uggh.

P.S. This was strange enough that I have to comment: On my 7AM flight to North Carolina, I reclined my seat once we were in the air, only to be berated by the 5'7 (I only know his height because he told me for some unexplainable reason) man seated behind me because apparently my reclined seat was hitting him in the knees. He and his wife were so incredibly rude about the whole thing. After explaining that I was 7 1/2 months pregnant and just wanted to sleep, I tried to resume my shut-eye, but this 50 something guy began kicking the back of my seat and snapping his newspaper pages to irritate me-can you believe this? Finally, the two women in my row rearranged their seats with me so that I wasn't sitting in front of either Mr. Satan or Mrs. Satan. One of them audibly called him a jerk. Who does that to a pregnant woman, or any woman for that matter? I thought of tons of wicked things to say to him as we deboarded, but my maturity held out and simply told him that in all my years of air travel, I had never been treated so rudely by a passenger. He just glared.

No comments:

Post a Comment