Saturday, December 29, 2012

And the Big News is...

God most certainly guides our family.  Monday December 17th, I was at the grocery store and picked up the little township paper that Tom enjoys reading (I only remember to grab it about one out of 5 grocery trips).  When we got home and I unloaded the groceries, I sat down at the kitchen table to flip through it (which I rarely ever do). 
There it was.  In the bottom left corner of a page:

A black and white real estate ad. 

You have to understand, Tom and I are happily settled into our house, which we bought only 2 1/2 years ago.  We are planning our spring house projects and talking summer vacations.  We love our neighbors.  Life was rolling on as planned.  Until the little black and white ad that described a house just 5 minutes from our own found its way into our lives.  My very rational, super logical, play-it-safe husband actually told me to just go look at it.  Huh?? So the next day I met with our real estate agent and went through the house.  There is an 80's kitchen, two original 50's baths, and other needed updates, but the house also had a lot of good.  Like space.  Lots, and lots of space.  The kind of good that could potentially sway two people who said they didn't want to move again to turn their lives upside down.  Tom saw the house the next day.

We got a sitter, went to dinner, and discussed.  And discussed. And discussed.  The next day we made an offer, and after some negotiations, the following day it was accepted.  So yes, we are under contract and trying to wrap our heads around the fact that we are packing boxes again.  All over the course of 5 days. Not bad for two people who weren't even looking.

Now I have to get our house ready to put on the market ASAP.  Shouldn't be a problem with a 19 month old who is pulling, dumping, spreading and wrecking 24-7.  This very well could send me over the edge.  So blogging will likely take a back seat to house staging, cleaning, sorting, organizing and packing, but I promise to keep you all updated. 

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Other than a pregnancy announcement, this is BIG!! Congratulations! I was ready for the former and then so enjoyed reading about the latter! WOW!!! Awesomeness... I will say some prayers as you all transition. xoxox

    ReplyDelete