Sunday, December 16, 2012

When Life Gives you Poop, Make Candy Canes

It's been hard past week, but we have rallied and are on the up-swing.  My incredible husband washed dishes, scrubbed counters, bathed kiddos, and picked up toys while I was under the weather.  I love him always, but this past week really reminded me just how lucky I am to have him by my side. 

So with all the falling apart, breaking and failing of things around us, God decided to send me one great comedic moment.  Yesterday Patrick had an upset stomach.  Nothing major, but when he said he had to do some poop and headed into the bathroom, I didn't think anything of it until I heard him yelling for help.  I rushed in to find him standing on the bathroom rug, pants down, with a huge pile of poop on the floor.  Poor guy looked devastated.  I lifted him onto the toilet, stripped off his pants the rest of the way, and set about gathering my cleaning supplies.  When I came back in, P points to the mess on the floor and proclaims, "Look mom, that one looks just like a candy cane!"

I laughed. Hard.
Sorry for the poop story, but this one had to be documented for future Pohl Christmas story-telling.  Still no word on our computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment