Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday

So much is going on - where to start?

First, I just returned from a solo trip to visit a friend.  It was an important mission that required Patrick and Tommy stay behind with their dad.  Was I missed when I returned 4 days later?  Well, P ran to me and gave me a hug as big as I could have hoped for when he spotted me in the airport.  Tommy ran to my luggage.  Hmm.  
Where did I go?  Post on that to come soon.



I returned home to two sick kids, but a spectacularly clean kitchen and germy bedding/clothes laundered.  My favorite Chinese take-out was fetched to celebrate my return.  Tom (with the assistance of the grandmothers and a sitter so he could also get work done) couldn't have done a better job in my absence.  It is almost as if he is encouraging me to go away again...

Patrick returned to his school today and brought home a nice thick, white envelope.  Turns out his vision screening at the preschool last week didn't go so well.  So, he will have to be fully tested to see if there is a problem with his eyes.  Since Tom and I have the eyesight equivalent of a newborn baby, his chances aren't good.  Please pray for a positive outcome!

While I was gone, our back-ordered furniture came in.  It is being delivered THIS Thursday.  I think I will be more excited after I get all of our dressers emptied, moved out of the room, and the floors and baseboards cleaned before Thursday.  I just ordered a rug for the room which should arrive next week.  We are so close to having a grown-up bedroom.  If anyone is interested in an old, ugly, Navy Exchange, bachelor's bedroom set, it is all yours.  My budget has run dry short of drapes and a new comforter set, but I am still happy as a clam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment