Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

6:05 pm
The storm is heading our way with gusty winds already increasing.  It has been raining since we woke up this morning.  Tom is leaving work as I write this, and we'll buckle down for the night. We have flashlights, batteries, wood for the fireplace, and disguises (because having fun during a hurricane is a must) ready to go.  We aren't concerned about water since our neighborhood sits up so high, but we are surrounded by lots and lots of trees, so just hoping the storm doesn't bring any down on our house.  If you are in the storm's path, we pray it passes swiftly...

Tuesday 10:42am:  We woke up to a steady drizzle outside, but no damage.  I didn't even hear any wind last night, and a bucket I had left on the deck was still sitting in its same place this morning.  We did lose part of a tree, but it fell in the woods, so no harm done.  The weather is cooperative enough that we should be able to make the boys' 2:00 haircut appointments.


No comments:

Post a Comment