Sunday, February 26, 2012

A D.C. Event

Tom and I returned this afternoon from our whirlwind D.C. trip-we left Saturday morning and returned Sunday by 10:30. This was our second year as guests at the Marine Corps University Foundation event in Crystal City. Just to make you sick, ladies, the tux Tom is wearing fit him in college. The only thing that still fits me from college is my old Jansport backpack.


We arrived at our hotel room, set down our bags, and I suddenly realized I had forgotten how easy it is to travel without any kids (they were home with my mom). Soooo easy. On went my non-mommy shoes:




...and off we went. Aren't they perfect? My feet have changed so much with my babies that these were a much-contemplated purchase for me (I love you, Kate Spade). I justified my splurge by doing my own pedicure. Not too shabby, toes.


Unfortunately, not a lot of photos from the trip, but it was good to spend some one-on-one time with my husband. Missed my little stinkers though.

2 comments:

  1. You all looked fabulous and loved the shoes!! SO glad you got away for a fun evening to splurge a little. These little vacations are so very necessary--I hope you returned with an extra spring in your step to bless your boys. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful couple! :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE those shoes!!! Hope you two had a great time!

    ReplyDelete