Monday, February 6, 2012

Basement: Part 44

Okay, maybe not stage 44, but there has been a lot of work going on in the basement-no slacking here. Saturday, Comcast came and installed a cable line and second DVR box, a splurge, but a necessity if I want to run for more than 15 minutes at 6:00 am when there is nothing on TV. I am not a runner, so I need some sort of enjoyment to attach to the chore. Once the basement is done, we'll move in the actual TV stand.


Painting has been all consuming. I quit keeping track of hours, but I would say we are up in the 15+ hour range at this point with more to go. I woke up this morning not knowing who won the Superbowl because I spent the entire game pulling staples out of our stairs after removing the very last of the old carpeting. Tom has been sanding those steps for hours now using a pretty powerful sander to remove the last of the adhesive so we can paint them our trim color - what I like to call Hershey's Dark Chocolate.

Wheels are turning in my head with lots of ideas for the back of these stairs which sit just to the left of my washing machine. I have no room upstairs for my wrapping accessories, so I am designing a custom wrapping paper station in this area on a tight budget. Wait until you get a look at my wrapping paper holder! Not sure when I will start in on it, but you can bet I will post "after" photos.
Tom has a new, fire-rated steel door to install, now sitting in our garage, and a few more ceiling tiles to pop in, then we'll starty on the carpet squares and assemble the treadmill, which did arrive this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Your attention to detail is awesome! You all inspire... Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete