I detest broken, bigger-than-all-the-rest shutters who refuse to go down without a fight.
The good news: I was able to finish putting up most of my outdoor decor, despite the constant "help" of a toddler. I am pretty happy with the results (my neighbor donated her bow maker to my cause and it worked out pretty well), although I am unsure how the cheap, shatterproof ornaments will hold up in the snow. They aren't really meant for outdoor use. Hmmm.
The bad news: The broken, bigger-than-all-the-others shutter on the front of my house didn't go down without a fight. Tom had to buy a special ladder just to get to it, and then when he went to put up the correct matching shutter we found in our shed, the correct shutter nearly cracked in two. Turns out shutters are ridiculously expensive. We are tempted to crazy glue the thing together for the short term. Still, I am PSYCHED that the old broken one (not to be confused with the new broken one) is gone! It had been bothering me much more than it probably should lately. Maybe because new neighbors move in across the street from us in another week?
No comments:
Post a Comment