While we are ever more looking forward to celebrating the birth of Christ, sadness is also part of our Christmas season. My Dad's wife, who was diagnosed with early Alzheimer's at age 63, had been hospitalized with an infection two weeks ago and was just moved to hospice care yesterday. It was a difficult decision for my dad and her daughter, and I hate that while everyone around them is bustling preparing for Christmas, they are saying their goodbyes. My dad has been to the nursing home every day for the past two years to feed her, hold her hand, and carefully monitor the care she was receiving (which had been less than what one hopes for their loved one). I am grateful I live so close and can be by his side, but I worry for my dad and the road he has ahead.
To anyone going through tough times, may God's peace find you and strengthen you.
Prayers for your dad and your whole family. What a tough time of year to be going through such sadness! xo
ReplyDelete