Last Monday, as I walked from room to room while the kids napped trying to figure out what to tackle, I realized I needed about 2 weeks in a kid-free zone to get my home organized. It seemed particularly bad. I'll be honest, most days I don't even make my bed unless I am having someone over and there is potential that we could wind up upstairs in P's room (where they could catch a glimpse of our bedroom). Way too often dishes pile up my sink.
So I thought I would share with you all what my home can look like on any given day.
Please don't judge me.
I picked up NOTHING for these photos-just grabbed my camera and away we went. I would like to preface these photos with the statement that my house does look put together some days. Just not
this day.
I like to call this picture "Patrick was here".

The basket to the far left on the kitchen counter is supposed to hold all my papers and junk so it isn't all over my counter top. Ha! I need a moving truck up there.

This is what I like to call "Baby Book and Scrap Book Project Purgatory". Formerly my dining room table.

Ah ha! One room I can be proud of-we try to keep the living room primarily a toy free zone. I like to call this one "Rainforest" after an area quickly disappearing in our home due to (toy) encroachment.

Charlie the Tank Engine above the toilet for potty training motivation. Wet, poop stained onesie that had been soaking in the sink laying on the counter. Note the expression on soap dispenser Sponge Bob's face-is it just me or does this mess scare the jeepers out of him too?
Eek, our bedroom. The mess on the floor in the far background is our attempt to get all of our files into the new file cabinet that is doubling as our nightstand. Still a work in progress.

So yes, my life could use a little scrubbing and a lot of organizing. That's why I like hosting things at my house-it forces me to clean, usually in a binge-like fashion. Throwing a little "Meet and Greet" next Monday for the new family in our neighborhood, so you bet your petunias I will be posting some photos soon of my house looking
awesome!
Carol, you are awesome--this is a great post and EVERYONE reading could put up one just like it. You may have inspired something similar soon on my blog!! It's called "keeping it real" and I LOVE IT! :)
ReplyDeleteAhhh - if you could only see MY house and I only have one child! haha... Thanks for sharing, now I don't feel so bad knowing I'm not alone. :)
ReplyDeletexoxo