Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy 6-Months, Tommy

Six Months. Already. Wow.
So glad we have you, little man. You are most definitely your own person, so different from your brother. You obviously inherited my ears (sorry) along with your hazel eyes, and the touch of cross-eyedness you get sometimes should wear off as you grow, but I love your goofiness and soft smiles. Patrick had a contagious smile, but YOU have the warmest smile. A smile that conveys you are soaking everything in, and loving all of it.

So much has been happening in your world lately.


There it is: your first tooth (bottom right front) started coming in around Columbus Day and is nearly there. You weren't too fussy, but I upped your daily dose of frozen bananas and that seemed to help. Thanks for not drooling like your brother did.


The big sit-for about two weeks we have been working up to the big moment. As of today, you can sit unsupported and upright for only a few seconds before something catches your eye and you start leaning to grab. You are the nosiest person I know. You aren't content EVER with just sitting, or laying, or looking. You have to always be exploring.


(Love this shirt by the way-P has the matching Charlie Brown body one.)

You get constant encouragement from your brother, who continues to be so fond of you. Today in church as I held your hands so you could stand on the ground, Patrick came up and started encouraging you, "Come on, walk, Tommy".

While we are far from walking, for about 3 weeks now you have been exploring the ground via the army crawl. I hear a lot of "No, Tommy, that Patrick's" throughout the day as you make your way across the hardwoods. You can get off the ground, but are still just rocking for the time being and I am just fine with that.



This week you put a halt to the 6am wake-up and opted for the less popular 3 and 4am slots. Ouch, it really hit me hard, especially since I just started back to Crossfit Wednesday after a month off due to my sinus infection. I tried to ignore you, but there was no going back to sleep until you were fed. You had a quick check-up Wednesday to rule out an ear infection due to the wake-ups and well, fussiness, which I was attributing to the tooth. Good to go-ears looked awesome.


Luckily by Thursday morning you felt pity for me and crashed until nearly 6am.

These days you are mostly formula and baby food fed-my milk is so low and as much as I keep saying I am going to start up a new pumping campaign, I just never find (or make) the time. And to be perfectly honest, I LOVE the new freedom. I had to tote my breast pump to Florida as a carry-on. I was confined to nursing bras which are not pretty by any means. I just didn't feel, free. I am so glad I made it through the tongue-tie ordeal when you were born and made to 6 months, even if my exclusive breastfeeding only lasted until about 4 months when I started supplementing. I know some people love it, but I did it only out of love. So enjoy these last few sessions, because your boob time, much like the fame of the Jersey Shore cast, is fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment