I love the end result, but I am in no way an organized cook.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Party Like it's 1999
I love parties, especially when I get to run with a theme. So when some new neighbors settled in, it seemed frightfully perfect to host a "Meet and Creep" this past Monday where our informal mom's group could welcome in the family.
I love the end result, but I am in no way an organized cook.
Who could have predicted 45 mph winds the day of the playgroup? My "Welcome to the Neighborhood" signs blew away before the first guests arrived.
Branches from the backyard and a .99 cent can of black spray paint.


Wonton/Eggroll wrapper sweet ghosts. Fun to make! I copied the idea from this blog http://www.hungryhappenings.com/2011/10/quick-and-quirky-sweet-treat-for.html and tried to modify for my under three crowd by using wonton wrappers instead of eggroll wrappers. Turns out the wontons weren't quite big enough, but still good dipped in melted chocolate.
I love the end result, but I am in no way an organized cook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Carol, you are too cute! Love all the themed goods--anti-Zombie juice being my fave!! Adorable!! How wonderful of you to welcome the new neighbors so nicely--I wish you lived down the street!!
ReplyDelete