Sunday, September 25, 2011

Irish, American and French

Tom and I have certainly had our fill of the cultures lately-this past Tuesday we headed off to hear the Pittsburgh Symphony perform various pieces of their upcoming season. We haven't been to the symphony together since we were dating in D.C. and both of us agreed that it was extremely relaxing. Our favorite piece: Gershwin's an American in Paris http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1_TSydZ1LQ&feature=fvsr
I am not sure if I ever heard this before, but I am a big fan now!

Then Saturday afternoon we were lucky enough to score tickets to the Pitt v. Notre Dame game. Although we didn't get to squeeze in any tailgating, we had an awesome time lounging in the top row (I mean literally, we were in the top, top row-no one behind us) in the perfect 70 degree weather Pittsburgh decided to dish up. It felt like the good ole' days when we were carefree at Notre Dame but I felt a little guilty leaving the kids all day. Paying for it now though-I have had a cold since Wednesday and after being out and about all day Saturday, I took a turn for the worse last night. I spent most of today napping when I could squeeze it in while Tom entertained the kids and cleaned up around the house. I love that guy.










As you can see from our shirts, we decided to support Notre Dame this game although we are also Pitt fans. Great game down to the last few minutes, but Notre Dame was able to stay ahead-Go Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment