Sadly, I take some of the blame through genes; I was the exact same way as a child. I hated the texture of most meats, especially steaks and turkey, and would sit for what seemed like eternity at the table with chewed meat stored in my cheeks, refusing to swallow. My mom is probably laughing now that I am getting a dose of what I dished out to her for her years.
So I made an appointment with our children's hospital and Patrick had his first occupational therapy session today. Next week I will bring a lunch with me so they can observe Patrick eat, and I have to write down everything he eats for the next week. Just to rule out other allergies besides his nut allergy, we also got blood drawn. I pray that his issue is only a sensory disorder related to food textures that they will be able to work with, because I can't imagine going through another year of this. I will keep everyone updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment