Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hidden Blessings

Last week, the battery on my scale died. Probably from me weighing myself after every workout. I think this is for the best and I am going to wait a few weeks to replace it. I guess I need to post my 3 month Crossfit photo next week, but I gotta be honest, I am not where I thought I would be at this time. I had visions of having some defined abs at the six month mark, but as I am nearing the end of month 3, I still have the baby belly. If I want to see abs anytime soon, I am going to have to watch Jersey Shore.

With Tommy still waking each morning at 5:15Am, I am finding it hard to get motivated to go some of these mornings. I am beyond fortunate that I did find Lisa, our new sitter, who has made it possible for me to continue my program past summer. She is amazing and although I am paying her, she is watching the boys solely for the joy of being around little kids.

Seriously.

The former special agent in me should find that statement a little suspicious, but really, she is like a modern day Mary Poppins. She has two boys that she just saw off to college and another 7th grader at home. She knows boys like the back of her hand, and Patrick loves her. She told me she remembers how hard it was to be a mom with really young kids and wanted to help by giving me some time for myself. I know.

I have been the recipient lately of A LOT of help. Oh the joy of going to the grocery store alone! Oh the ecstasy of getting my hair colored on a Tuesday so I don't have to sacrifice my weekend time with Tom! Oh the thrill of knowing that there are two symphony tickets sitting in my mail basket which translates to another date night!

How lucky I am? I can't wait (and must) to pay it forward someday...

1 comment:

  1. Happy for you to have so much good help. Food for the mama soul! xox

    ReplyDelete